Busy Year Ahead for Lexus in 2012
Tuesday, April 09, 2013
Lexus has a busy year ahead of them with talk of new and redesigned Lexus models as well as debuting the new Lexus concept at the Detroit Auto Show. It is going to be a very exciting year for Lexus enthusiasts and this Lexus dealer in NY can't wait to share the news!
Source: Lexus Enthusiast
A recent Automotive News interview with Lexus USA General Manager Mark Templin has outlined part of the Lexus product pipeline for the next two years:
- For one thing, four redesigned Lexus sedans will debut before the middle of 2013.
- All four of Lexus’ core sedan lines will be redesigned, starting with the GS 350 and GS 450h sport sedans arriving in February, followed by reworked versions of the ES 350, IS 250 and 350, and LS 460 and 600h.
- In early 2014, the redesigned volume-leading RX 350 crossover will arrive.
No surprises here, as this would fall in line with the release schedule set by the previous generation (with one exception — if the above list is in order, the next ES will debut before the IS). What makes this interesting is the mid-2013 timeline.
Looking back to this past August, when Akio Toyoda announced at the GS debut in Pebble Beach that nine new or updated Lexus models would be introduced in 2012, the central question was what would classify as new or updated — after all, just counting the standard, F Sport & hybrid GS would account for three of the promised total.
Now, regarding this (possible) mid-2013 timeline for the GS, ES, IS & LS, let’s guess at a couple things:
- There will be at least four to six months between each model launch.
- It’s been stated that every existing Lexus model will be offered as a hybrid, so the ES & IS should be getting a hybrid option.
- Using the GS as a guide, the IS should have an F Sport package at launch.
To read the full article, click here.
Explore new and certified preowned Lexus models at this Lexus dealer in NY. To contact us, click here or call 1-888-203-6143.
Ray Catena Lexus of Larchmont News and Events Home